Superior Bakery was founded in 1956 by John S. Poulos. Mr. John immigrated from Greece in 1951 and began working as a dishwasher until he saved enough money to purchase a closed bakery on Raeford Road.
In 1958 John married Kay Paliouras. Together they grew the successful business and relocated to Hope Mills Road in 1971. John and Kay retired in 1988.
Superior Bakery remains in the family and is operated by their son Nicko Poulos.
The Poulos family is grateful and honored to have
served the community for over 60 years!